Resource Vendor Training: Supported Living Services New Vendor Orientation (SLNV)
Supported Living Services New Vendor Orientation (SLNV)
Class Date & TIME: May 23, 2023 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THIS POST IN ITS ENTIRETY. FAILURE TO FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS POST WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC DENIAL OF ADMISSION TO THE SLNV.
Registration is now open for the May 23, 2023 Supported Living Services New Vendor Orientation (SLNV). The SLNV will be conducted in person at SARC’s San Jose office. Successful completion of the SLNV is one of the requirements for vendorization as a Supported Living Services provider.
To apply for admission to the SLNV, please complete each of the following items by no later than 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, May 9, 2023:
1. RSVP for the SLNV using the link found at the bottom of this post. Please note that RSVPing does not guarantee admission to SLNV.
2. Send an email to Gabriela Alvarez firstname.lastname@example.org and Kai Reade email@example.com, respectively, that contains the following attachments in support of your request for admission to the SLNV:
- A Letter of Intent that explains:
- (1) why you are interested in providing Supported Living Services to SARC-sponsored individuals,
- (2) your background and experience working with individuals with ID/DD,
- (3) the county or counties within the SARC catchment area in which you intend to provide services,
- (4) steps you have taken in preparation to provided services to SARC-sponsored individuals,
- (5) how you will implement and support SARC-sponsored individuals’ preferences and choices as required by the HCBS Final Rule.
- b. Your updated resume.
Each of the described documents must be sent as a separate Word or pdf attachment to your email. Letters of Intent or resumes included as in-line text in your email will not be accepted. Please make sure that your Letter of Intent and resume is free of typographical errors before submission.
You must register for the SLVN through the link below AND submit all supporting documents described above by no later than 11:59 p.m. on May 9, 2023 in order to be considered for admission. Registrations and supporting documents timestamped after 11:59 p.m. on May 9, 2023 will not be accepted or considered.
You will receive an email by end of business day on May 16, 2023 that either confirms or denies your admission to SLVN. If you are admitted, you will receive instructions on where to park, where to enter the building, our COVID protocol, and the training agenda. Please note that no more than two (2) individuals from a single agency will be admitted to SLVN unless prior approval is obtained from Community Resources Unit Manager Ann Sieber.
A minimum of three (3) people must be admitted to any scheduled SLVN to avoid cancellation. If you are admitted to a SLVN that is canceled due to low registration/admission, you will be notified of the cancellation and placed on the attendance list for the next orientation.
If you are not admitted to the May 2023 SLVN, or if you are admitted but fail to attend, you will need to re-apply for admission to a future SLVN. Please check the SARC Events Calendar regularly for information about scheduled SLNVs and other SARC trainings.