Resource Vendor Training: Residential Services Orientation (RSO)
Residential Services Orientation
*PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE ENTIRETY OF THIS POST. IF ANY INSTRUCTION ON THIS POST IS NOT FOLLOWED, IT WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC DENIAL TO THE RSO*
If you need further clarification on any of these instructions, please reach out.
The Residential Services Orientation class is now open for registration. The dates for the class are February 6th, 7th, and 8th, 2023. You must attend all three classes.
*NOTE: The Residential Services Orientation will take place in person at the San Andreas Regional Center San Jose office.
To be registered you must complete the following items:
- Register (registration link can be found at the bottom of the post)
- Send a letter of intent to Ruby Hernandez at email@example.com and Gabriela Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org in a separate word document (letters of intent sent as emails will not be accepted).
- Send a resume to Ruby Hernandez at email@example.com and Gabriela Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org in a separate word document (resumes sent as emails will not be accepted).
- Send a copy of your Community Care Licensing (CCL) administrator certificate to Ruby Hernandez at email@example.com and Gabriela Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a copy of your Direct Support Professional (DSP) training year 1 and 2 certificates to Ruby Hernandez at email@example.com and Gabriela Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org
The letter of intent must include: (if any question is not answered, it will result in automatic denial)
- Why do you want to become a residential provider?
- What is your background and experience that prepared you for this position?
- What steps have you taken with CCL (Community Care Licensing)?
- Please describe the level of service you wish to provide.
- How will HCBS Final Rule impact the way you are going to provide services?
Please conduct a grammar and spell check to your letter of intent. We will not accept any letters of intent or registrations after 11:59pm, Friday, January 13, 2023.
There are no waitlists. The next Residential Services Orientation will be on May 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, 2023. Registration will be open in mid-March, and you will find the registration post in the month of May on SARC’s events calendar.
Only two individuals per agency unless previously approved by the Community Services Unit Manager, Ann Sieber.
By the end of day Friday, January 27, 2023, you will be receiving a confirmation letter or denial letter via email confirming whether or not you are in the class. Along with the confirmation letters will be instructions on getting into the building/signing in, our COVID protocol, and schedule of the presenters.
*DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING COVID SYMPTOMS