- This event has passed.
Resource Vendor Training: Residential Services Orientation (RSO)
*PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE ENTIRETY OF THIS POST. IF ANY INSTRUCTION ON THIS POST IS NOT FOLLOWED, IT WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC DENIAL TO THE RSO*
If you need further clarification on any of these instructions, please reach out.
The Residential Services Orientation class is now open for registration. The dates for the class are May 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, 2023. You must attend all three classes.
The Residential Services Orientation will take place in person at the San Andreas Regional Center San Jose office.
To be registered you must complete the following items:
- Register (registration link can be found at the bottom of the post)
- Send a letter of intent to Ruby Hernandez at email@example.com and Gabriela Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org in a separate word document (letters of intent sent as emails will not be accepted).
- Send a resume to Ruby Hernandez at email@example.com and Gabriela Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org in a separate word document (resumes sent as emails will not be accepted).
- Send a copy of your Community Care Licensing (CCL) administrator certificate to Ruby Hernandez at email@example.com and Gabriela Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a copy of your Direct Support Professional (DSP) training year 1 and 2 certificates to Ruby Hernandez at email@example.com and Gabriela Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why do you want to become a residential provider?
- What is your background and experience that prepared you for this position?
- What steps have you taken with CCL (Community Care Licensing)?
- Please describe the level of service you wish to provide.
- How will HCBS Final Rule impact the way you are going to provide services?
Please conduct a grammar and spell check to your letter of intent. We will not accept any letters of intent or registrations after 11:59pm, Friday, April 14, 2023.
There are no waitlists. The next Residential Services Orientation will be on August 7th, 8th, and 9th, 2023. Registration will be open in mid-June, and you will find the registration post in the month of August on SARC’s events calendar.
Only two individuals per agency unless previously approved by the Community Services Unit Manager, Ann Sieber.
By the end of day Friday, April 21, 2023, you will be receiving a confirmation letter or denial letter via email confirming whether or not you are in the class. Along with the confirmation letters will be instructions on getting into the building/signing in, and schedule of the presenters.
*NOTE: If we have less than 5 registrants, the May RSO will be canceled. Any registrants who were approved to attend will be automatically added to the list for the August RSO. You will not need to sign up again or resubmit any documents.
*DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING COVID SYMPTOMS