ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews daily special incident reportable / non- reportable SANDIS SIRs.
- Electronically submits SIRs and follows-up with DDS,
- Maintains a risk management database.
- Develops monthly data summary reports identifying trends and patterns in SIRs.
- Acquires death certificates for processing closure of SIRs and final transmission to DDS.
- Develops and monitors the Regional Center risk management plan.
- Plans and participates in Risk Management, Assessment, Planning Committee and Board Meetings
- Participates in Mortality and Morbidity Committee and Quality Assurance Advisory Committee meetings, identifying trends and patterns in SIRs.
- May participate in QA reviews and functions
- Participates in SIR training sessions for Regional Center staff, service providers, and others, on proper preparation and submission of SIRs.
- Assist with Corrective Action Plans
- May include in QA reviews
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Associate Director, Community Services
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Risk Assessment Standards Compliance Assistant
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Masters preferred or Bachelor’s Degree with two year’s experience with a concentration in psychology, social work or related field. One (1) year experience in working in regional center context.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- knowledge of or experience with persons with developmental disabilities;
- knowledge of Title 17 and Quality Assurance Standards;
- the ability to present training to groups or individuals;
- knowledge of analytical techniques and report preparation;
- demonstrated ability to write effectively;
- ability to utilize computer skills, especially Excel and Word, for the collection, input, and analysis of data, and producing reports;
- excellent ability to communicate with various segments of the community.
- travel to periodic statewide meetings
OTHER: Use of an automobile, possession of a valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance for the minimum amount prescribed by law or the ability to provide for independent transportation.
Send Resume via e-mail to: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please